Gang Member Identification System
The country has experienced a disturbing increase in crime over the last decade. One of the factors contributing to the growth of the crime rate is the emergence of "gangs." Given these alarming statics it is evident that statewide youth and street gang data bases need to be established with access and reporting from all law enforcement.
ID-GANGS is a module of idSoftware's PrintSearch Mobile Identification Management System. ID-GANGS is a robust Field Interview (FI) database system which captures and organizes information specific to gang members identified and interviewed in the field. A gang database management system which provides officers an easy way to capture, analyze, search, and share gang intelligence in compliance with federal and state laws.
The system follows the mandated format of CAL-GANGS and allows for unlimited database search and reporting.
ID-GANGS Field Interview Database System
- Automatically fills in required fields by scanning a driver's license
- Automatically fills in the required fields by retrieving information from a fingerprint inquiry
- Instantly updates Cal-Gangs from the field
- Historical Gang Interviews available for viewing on any notebook or tablet
- No additional data entry
- Dictate narratives
- Capture pictures of gang graffiti
- Capture pictures of tattoos
- Capture pictures of vehicles associated with gang members
- Auto fill location of gang interview using on board GPS
- Secure device and data with fingerprint login
- Capture all data on handheld rugged computer
- Store data locally as well as upload to Cal-Gangs
- Establish secondary database of fingerprints and mugshots of gang members
Gang members have a different view of jail time because gang activities do not stop because a member is imprisoned. Our ID Gangs field interview database system provides law officers with important information at the time of an arrest and allows pertinent gang details to be updated during field interviews. Individuals that belong to gangs will often openly admit or brag about their affiliation. ID Gangs makes it easy for officers to capture and compare identifying features such as clothing or tattoos at the scene. Through rapid analysis of data, ID Gangs field interview database system assists in alerting jail officials as to who is being booked to keep rival gang members separated throughout the justice process.